Here are 10 inspiring quotes we hope will provide you with useful wisdom in your financial practice and personal life.
1. Surround yourself with the best people you can find, delegate authority, and don’t interfere as long as the policy you’ve decided upon is being carried out. –Ronald Reagan
2. Don’t be a bottleneck. If a matter is not a decision for the President or you, delegate it. Force responsibility down and out. Find problem areas, add structure and delegate. The pressure is to do the reverse. Resist it. –Donald Rumsfeld
3. Delegating work works, provided the one delegating works, too. –Robert Half
4. Where there is no vision, the people perish. –Proverbs 29:18
5. The best executive is the one who has sense enough to pick good men to do what he wants done, and self-restraint enough to keep from meddling with them while they do it.
6. So much of what we call management consists in making it difficult for people to work.
7. Outstanding leaders go out of their way to boost the self-esteem of their personnel. If people believe in themselves, it’s amazing what they can accomplish. –Sam Walton
8. If you pick the right people and give them the opportunity to spread their wings—and put compensation as a carrier behind it—you almost don’t have to manage them. –Jack Welch
9. Alone we can do so little, together we can do so much. –Helen Keller
10. Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success.
I hope these inspiring quotes have gotten you thinking about the application of leadership and team-building within your practice. It’s amazing how much further you can go, and how much more you can accomplish when you hire the right people and lead them the right way. Download the new Human Capital – Hiring Guide for action steps and resources on making this happen.